This is a legal agreement between you and Lane Enterprises, Inc. (“Lane”) stating the terms that govern your use of the Storm Storage online configuration tool(the “Application”). This agreement, together with all updates, additional terms, software licenses, and all of Lane’s rules and policies, collectively constitute the “Agreement” between you and Lane. By installing the Application you are indicating that you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms do not install or use the Application. You must accept and abide by these terms as presented to you. Changes, additions, or deletions are not acceptable, and Lane may refuse access to the Application for noncompliance with any part of the Agreement.
1. License. The Application is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this Agreement. Lane, as the licensor, reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. This license granted to you for the Application by Lane is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Application on any internet enabled computer. This license does not allow you to use the Application on any device that you do not own or control, and you may not distribute or make the Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Application. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this license and the Usage Rules), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Application). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of Lane and its licensors. If you breach this restriction, you may be subject to prosecution and damages. The terms of the license will govern any upgrades provided by Lane that replace and/or supplement the original Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
2. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Lane may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the Application. You agree that Lane may collect data related to projects that are being designed with Lane software for the purpose of providing timely response and assistance. Lane may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
3. Termination. The license is effective until terminated by you or Lane. Your rights under this license will terminate automatically without notice from the Lane if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this license. Upon termination of the license, you shall cease all use of the Application, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Application.
4. Services; Third Party Materials. The Application may enable access to Lane's and third party services and web sites (collectively and individually, "Services"). Use of the Services may require Internet access and that you accept additional terms of service. You understand that by using any of the Services, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and that the results of any search or entering of a particular URL may automatically and unintentionally generate links or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Services at your sole risk and that Lane shall not have any liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that Lane is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. Lane does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any Services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you.
You agree that any Services contain proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that you will not use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Services. No portion of the Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Services, in any manner, and you shall not exploit the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that the Lane is not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using any of the Services. Lane makes no representation that such Services and Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such Services or Materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. Lane, and its licensors, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any Services at any time without notice. In no event will Lane be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such Services. Lane may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain Services, in any case and without notice or liability.
5. No Support or Upgrade Obligation. Lane, its suppliers and distributors are not obligated to create or provide any support, corrections, updates, upgrades, bug fixes and/or enhancements of the Application.
6. No Warranty. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LANE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. LANE DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE APPLICATION, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LANE OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LANE BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LANE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Lane’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
8. Exportation. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
9. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Application and related documentation are "Commercial Items", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights are reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
10. Applicable Law. The laws of the State of Pennsylvania, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this license and your use of the Application. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws. The sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the state and federal courts located in Dauphin County, Ohio, U.S.A. Both you and Lane consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and agree that process may be served in the manner provided herein for giving of notices or otherwise as allowed by Pennsylvania state or federal law. The parties agree that the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (Vienna, 1980) shall not apply to this Agreement or to any dispute or transaction arising out of this Agreement.
11. Intellectual Property. You do not acquire under this Agreement any intellectual property or other proprietary rights, including without limitation, any patents, inventions, improvements, designs, trademarks, including any applications for same, copyright, rights in any confidential information or tradesecrets, in or relating in any way to the Application. Any grants not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except where otherwise specified, the contents of the Application are copyright (c) 2023 Lane Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. The contents of the Application are subject to protection under U.S. and foreign copyright laws. You are not permitted to use the copyrighted content outside of the normal functions of the Application without the prior written consent of Lane. “StormKeeper” and “Lane” are registered trademarks of Lane Enterprises, Inc. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
12. Third Party Beneficiary. You acknowledge and agree that KBMax, and KBMax’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this agreement, and that, upon your acceptance of these terms and conditions, KBMax will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this agreement against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
13. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Lane, its partners, licensors, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from all damages, losses and expenses arising directly or indirectly from (a) any negligent acts, omissions or willful misconduct by you, (b) your use of the Application, (c) any breach of this Agreement by you, and/or (d) your violation of any law or of any rights of any third party.
14. Equitable Remedies. You hereby agree that if the terms of this Agreement are not specifically enforced, Lane will be irreparably damaged, and therefore you agree that Lane shall be entitled, without bond, other security, proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect any of this Agreement, in addition to any other available remedies.
15. Assignment. Lane may assign this Agreement without notice to you. You shall not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of Lane (such consent may be withheld at Lane’s discretion).
16. Notices. If you have any questions or concerns about this Agreement, you may contact us at:
Lane Enterprises, Inc.
3905 Hartzdale Drive
Camp Hill, PA 17011
17. Entire Agreement. Except as otherwise provided, herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties respecting the Application and there are no provisions, representations or collateral agreements between the parties other than as set out in this Agreement. Lane reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement by providing you with reasonable notice of the change. If you continue to use the Application after notice of the change has been given, you shall be deemed to have accepted this change.
1. Acceptance of Agreement.
In this Agreement, the content on the Site, including all information, data, logos, marks, designs, graphics, pictures, sound files, other files, and their selection and arrangement, is called "Content". All Content and all software available on the Site or used to create and operate the Site is the property of Lane Enterprises or its licensors, and is protected by domestic and international copyright laws, and all rights to the Site, such Content and such software are expressly reserved. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Lane Enterprises.
3. Our Limited License of Content to You
Lane Enterprises grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable license to access the Site and to view, copy and print the portions of the Content available to you on the Site. Such license is subject to this Agreement, and specifically conditioned upon your compliance with this Agreement, including without limitation, the Restrictions and Prohibitions set forth in Section 4. Except as expressly permitted above, any use of any portion of the Content without the prior written permission of its owner is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted in this Section, this Agreement and your permission to use the Site. Any such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in this Agreement may be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. The license in this Section is revocable by Lane Enterprises at any time.
4. Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use.
5. Linking to the Site.
You may provide links to the Site, provided (a) that you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other notices on the Site, (b) your site does not engage in illegal or pornographic activities, and (c) you discontinue providing links to the Site immediately upon request by us.
The Site may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality or any error, inaccuracy or problem in the advertiser's or sponsor's materials.
Certain sections of, or offerings from, the Site may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete registration information. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Site. Your registration must be done using your real name and accurate information. Each registration is for your personal use only and not on behalf of any other person or entity. We do not permit any other person using the registered sections under your name. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use, and you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access.
8. Errors, Corrections and Changes.
We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. We do not represent or warrant that the information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, timely or otherwise reliable. We may make changes to the features, functionality or content of the Site at any time. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
9. Third Party Content.
Third party content may appear on the Site or may be accessible via links from the Site. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of third party content on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
10. Unlawful Activity.
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third party suppliers of information and documents, attorneys, advertisers, product and service providers, and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
Your right to use the Site is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable or assignable.
THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND DOCUMENTS FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE," WITH "ALL FAULTS", AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 14(b). IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION PRESENTED WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE OR OTHERWISE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC FILE CONTAINING A FORM OR DOCUMENT IS DISCLAIMED.
14. Limitation of Liability
(a) We and any Affiliated Party shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (i) any errors in or omissions from the Site or any services or products obtainable therefrom, (ii) the unavailability or interruption of the Site or any features thereof, (iii) your use of the Site, or (iv) the content contained on the Site.
(b) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE AND/OR THE PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN OR HEREBY SHALL NOT EXCEED $50 AND THAT AMOUNT SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES WHICH YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US AND ANY AFFILIATED PARTY.
15. Use of Information.
17. Links to other Web Sites.
The Site may contain links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
18. Legal Compliance.
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Site and the Content and Materials provided therein.
19. Cancellation; Termination of Agreement
You and/or Lane Enterprises may terminate this Agreement and your use of the Site at any time. Specifically, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Site without prior notice (a) if we believe in our discretion that you have violated or acted inconsistently with this Agreement or (b) if we determine in our sole discretion to terminate the Site's services to you or any other User.
You and we are independent contracts, and nothing in this Agreement creates a partnership, employment relationship or agency. There are no third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement. You may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any third party without our prior, written consent, and any attempt by you to do so will be invalid.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Columbus, Ohio, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 13 and Section 14. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. This Agreement and all incorporated agreements and your information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party in the event of an acquisition, sale or merger. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
21. Questions and Comments.
If you have any questions regarding this Agreement or your use of the Site please contact us here:
Lane Enterprises, Inc.
3905 Hartzdale Drive
Camp Hill, PA 17011